How to enter
Ensure that your entries conform to all the rules and are sent in the form stated in the submission formats section. Please follow the instructions below to enter the Graphic Design Awards Ghana 2017.
- Choose a creative brief, execute and submit.
- Please supply the design works and supporting photographs of work in high resolution JPEGS (300dpi). Please note these images may be used for publication and powerpoint show during the event of a nomination and/or win. See below for more specifications stated in submission formats.
- Please ensure your name is not shown on the design work except self promotion items.
- Entries can be submitted from 14th April, 2017.
- Entries must be received by no later than midnight of 14th April, 2017. Please note that we cannot guarantee that entries received after this deadline will be considered.
- The organisers reserve the right to retain entries for subsequent publication/exhibition in relation to the awards.
- Unfortunately due to the number of entries received, no correspondence will be entered into regarding entries or feedback given.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Whilst every care will be taken in the storage of entries, the organisers will not accept responsibility for loss or damage of entries.
- Submissions should be clearly marked.
Main Design Work (Print Design)
Print design works will have to be entered into the awards competition digitally. The following are the general rules you should take into consideration while preparing your main print design image.
- Size & Resolution: All design work should be supplied as a high-resolution, print ready JPEG
- Descriptive Text: Please do not add any watermark to your design image.
- Background Colour: Use white background colour for your image unless the colour of the design work is white, then an appropriate colour should be use as a background colour.
- Image Rights: Always use only the images that you have been granted usage of. Do not use other images that you do not have usage right.
Supporting Photographs (JPEG 300dpi)
For the print design works, printout and make a 3D model (where applicable) and take photographs of the dummies or mockups from different directions. For the magazine and catalogue design works, make a printout dummy and take photographs of the dummy and the required pages. All prints should be colour laser print to give a sharp colour and sharp edges. The supporting photographs will give the jury a better picture of how the product looks finally.
Main Design Work (Multimedia)
Multimedia works will have to be entered into the awards competition digitally. The following are the general rules you should take into consideration while preparing your multimedia for submission:
- Video: HD quality digital file (mp4)
- Social Media: Submit the URL of a self-running application of the social media activity as experienced by the target audience at the time of the campaign in the online entry form.
- Websites & microsites: Submit a self-contained version of the sites or pages including all files in a folder and should be able to be open in all web browsers.